Doug is Managing Partner of RKL’s York office as well as RKL’s Not-for-Profit Industry Group Leader. He specializes in engagements for not-for-profit organizations, foundations, government entities, and colleges and universities. Doug is responsible for planning engagements, reviewing work papers and financial statements prepared by staff, and supervising and evaluating staff assigned to his engagements. He has comprehensive experience in public accounting, with augmented experience in matters relating to accounting and auditing of public sector clients. Additionally, Doug assists clients in training and development to improve operations within their organization.
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Doug joined the firm as a Partner in 2011 and has more than 20 years of experience in public accounting. Prior to joining RKL, he served as a Partner with a regional accounting firm.
B.S. Accounting, Messiah College
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- York County Economic Alliance, Board Member and Board Chairperson
- Leg Up Farm, Inc., Board Member and Board Chairperson
- United Way of York County, Leadership Giving Council
- Yorkshire United Methodist Church, Finance Committee Chairperson
- Rotary Club of York
- Penn State York- Graham Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Studies- Graham Advisory Board
- PA Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO), Past President and Emeritus Society Member
- Rotary Club of York- East, Past President and Treasurer
- Mental Health America of York and Adam Counties, Past President and Treasurer
- Byrnes Health Education Center, Past Board Member
- Leadership York, 2002 Graduate and 2014 Outstanding Alumnus
Doug lives in York with his wife and two daughters, Sarah and Ashley. He enjoys spending time with his family, golf, horse racing, and coaching youth basketball.
Board Leadership: Your Personal Responsibilities and Potential Liabilities