Andy is a Partner in RKL’s Tax Services Group as well as RKL’s Real Estate Development Group Leader. He specializes in closely-held entities, the real estate industry and tax planning for mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses.
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Andy joined the firm in January of 1992 and brought more than 12 years of experience in accounting and tax matters, the majority of which was with a “Big Four” accounting firm. He was named Chairman/CEO of RKL in 2005, serving as CEO until July of 2011, and Chairman until July of 2014. Andy served as the President of Sterling Financial Advisors from 2011-2o15.
B.S. Accounting, Pennsylvania State University
Master’s Degree in Taxation, Colorado State University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania, Colorado
- American Institute of Certified, Public Accountants (AICPA), Member, Elected Member of AICPA Council (2002-2010)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member, Certified Public Accountant Political Action Committee (CPA-PAC), PICPA Fiscal Responsibility Task Force, PICPA Council Past President (2006-2007), PICPA Reading Chapter Past President (1999-2000)
- Olivet Boys and Girls Club (Reading, PA) Capital Campaign Committee, Board Member for 20 years (1991-2011), and Chairman (2002-2003)
- Berks Economic Partnership, Treasurer, Board of Directors, Executive Committee (2005-2015)
- Capital Campaign Review Board of Berks County
- United Way Leadership Giving, Cabinet Member (past Chairman)
- Penn State Health- St. Joseph, Board (2009-present), Board Chairman (2015-2018)
Andy and his wife, Kathy, reside in Wyomissing. Andy enjoys skiing, playing golf & tennis and traveling. He is an avid Penn State Fan.
Four Factors To Consider When Determining Multi-State Tax Responsibilities