Laurie is a Partner in RKL’s Tax Services Group. Her responsibilities include individual tax planning and compliance as well as financial planning for her clients and their families. She also serves as Executive Vice President of RKL Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisory firm and subsidiary of RKL. Her focus is helping her clients achieve their financial and life goals through clearly defined and customized plans with ongoing monitoring. Laurie’s 25 years of specialized experience and expertise in the area of individual taxation and financial planning along with her intuitive manner in working with clients provides a unique and highly effective approach.
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Laurie joined RKL in 1992 bringing more than five years of tax experience with a “Big Six” accounting firm. She was named Partner in 2012. Laurie is a frequent speaker and writer on various topics of her expertise and has been active in her profession and community to promote financial literacy.
B.S. Accounting, Pennsylvania State University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- Certified Financial Planner, (CFP®), Certificant from the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Financial Planning Association (FPA), Member
- United Way of Berks County, Board Member and Secretary/Treasurer
- Berks County Estate Planning Council, Board Member and Secretary
- The Power of the Purse Charitable Fund, Original Steering Committee Member
- Altrusa International Inc. of Reading Berks, PA, Literacy Co-Chairperson
- PICPA Reading Chapter, Past President
- Phoebe Berks, Former Trustee
Laurie and her husband, Alan, reside in Alsace Township with their two sons, Ben and Adam. She enjoys spending time with her family, boating and volunteering in the community.