Paula is responsible for leading RKL’s Business Consulting Services Group in the Reading office. Her responsibilities include providing business valuation, business planning and litigation support services, and assisting clients with business succession planning and the acquisition or sale of closely-held businesses. She also specializes in tax-exempt bond financing services, including bond verifications and arbitrage rebate computations.
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Before joining the firm in 1989, Paula served as Controller in the claims division of a Philadelphia insurance company and as a Senior Accountant in the audit department of a “Big 6” public accounting firm in New York City.
B.S., Accounting, University of Scranton, cum laude graduate
Post graduate courses in Finance, Drexel University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), AICPA
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), AICPA
- Alvernia University, Board of Trustees, Member
- Reading Health System, Audit & Compliance Committee Member
- Berks Catholic High School, Board Member, Treasurer
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Women2Women Committee Member (2010-2016)
- Girl Scouts of Eastern PA, Capital Campaign Co-Chair
- Penn State Berks Campus, Past Advisory Board Chair and Member (2009-2015)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry ATHENA Award, 2013
- Lehigh Valley Business Women of Influence Award, 2013
- Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women In Business Award, 2007
Paula and her husband, Patrick, reside in Maidencreek Township. Paula enjoys traveling with her family, reading and golfing.
Thinking Ahead: Three Tips to Ensure Smooth Succession Planning