Tom is Department Head of RKL’s Tax Services Group in the Reading Office. His responsibilities include tax planning and compliance for partnerships and corporations, including some of the firm’s largest manufacturing, multi-state, and real estate clients. Tom also specializes in tax planning for mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses.
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Tom joined RKL in 1997. He was previously with the tax department of a “Big Six” accounting firm for more than four years, serving primarily multi-state distribution and manufacturing clients. Tom was named a Partner in 2003.
B.S., B.A., Accounting, Kutztown University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Leadership Berks, Class of 2000
- Oley Valley Community Fair, Contest Chairman, Entertainment Committee, Computer Committee
- Society for the Preservation of Gruber Wagon Works, Board Member
- Alsace Lutheran Church, Finance Committee
- Hawk Mountain Council, Boy Scouts of America, Executive Board Member, Executive Vice President, Finance Committee
- Oley Valley Community Education Foundation, Trustee, President
- Big Vision Foundation, Board Member
Tom resides in Oley with his wife, Dena, and their two daughters. He enjoys spending time with his family and collecting M&M Memorabilia.