More than 350 guests from across Central and Eastern Pennsylvania joined RKL for the latest on tax, accounting and health care reform issues at the firm’s 2013 Tax and Accounting & Auditing Update on Tuesday, December 10 at the Lancaster County Convention Center.
Despite inclement weather conditions from an early winter snowstorm, the anticipated annual event attracted a great turn-out and delivered on its promise to provide knowledge and insights (and much-needed CPE hours) to help CPAs prepare for what’s ahead in 2014.
Since 2005, the annual update has grown from under 100 attendees to more than 350 today. In addition to providing eight hours of complimentary CPE, the event included a door prize drawing with prizes ranging from the Xbox One to a KitchenAid Mixer and a grand prize drawing – a trip for two to Las Vegas – claimed by lucky attendee Shane Erb of Redner’s Markets.
Experts from RKL and partner organizations presented on a wide range of tax, accounting, auditing and health care issues, including special guest Billy M. Atkinson, chair of the newly-created Private Company Council, a body working with the FASB to determine whether and when to modify U.S. GAAP for private companies.
A special thank you to all of our presenters:
- Thomas E. Kauffman, CPA, partner, RKL – Business Tax Update
- Laurie M. Peer, CPA, CFP®, partner, RKL – Individual Tax Update
- Kevin Eisenhart, CPA, MBA, MST, manager, RKL – Legislative Reform Update
- Robert M. Glus, FSA, partner and consulting actuary, and James P. Pyne, Actuarial Analyst, Conrad Seigel – Health Care Reform Update
- Billy M. Atkinson, CPA, chair of the PCC – Goals and Accomplishments of the PCC
- Michael A. Hoffman, CPA, director, Accounting Standards Group, McGladrey, LLP – 2013 Recent Accounting Developments and Practice Issues