Bethany is a Partner and Leader of RKL’s Business Consulting Services Group. She specializes in fraud investigation, business valuation and litigation services. In addition to being a licensed CPA accredited in Business Valuation, she holds designations as a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Bethany joined the firm in 2000 and has over 20 years of public accounting experience, including extensive experience in matters relating to fraud and forensic accounting, litigation consulting and business valuation. Before joining the firm, Bethany was employed as a business advisory manager with an international public accounting firm. Bethany’s expertise includes reconstruction of financial records, employee theft investigation, damage calculations for litigation purposes, and valuation of stock for gifting, buyouts and marital settlement.
B.S. Accounting, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
- United Way of Lancaster County, 2012 Campaign Chair, Board Member
- Hemlock Girl Scout Council, Past Stewardship Committee, Member
- PA Dutch Council Boy Scouts of America, Past Board Member
Bethany and her husband Mark reside in Lebanon with their son. She enjoys skiing, golf and running.
Bethany Novis: It’s less about math, more about relationships (July 2017, Women in Business e-news, Central Penn Business Journal)
Quoted in June 30, 2017, Central Penn Business Journal story, Death of the filing cabinet: Google, Facebook are new best friends for forensic accountants
Quoted in May 12, 2017, Central Penn Business Journal story, As hackers get smarter, even educated professionals can fall victim to fraud