Eric is a partner in RKL’s Tax Services Group and also serves as Office Managing Partner for RKL’s Lancaster office. He specializes in providing strategic tax planning and business advisory services to closely held and family owned businesses. Eric also leads the firm’s tax outsourcing niche and deals with issues surrounding consolidated tax returns, multi-state taxation and accounting for income taxes. He has experience successfully representing clients before the IRS and state tax agencies and has served as an expert tax witness in Federal District Court. He also is active in the firm’s personnel recruiting initiatives.
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS HISTORY
Eric joined the firm in 2002 and was named to the partnership in 2008. He was named Lancaster Office Managing Partner in 2016. He previously practiced in tax with two international accounting firms. Eric regularly presents seminars and CPE programs on tax-related topics. He has volunteered to teach various accounting topics with World Vision in Ghana, Africa and Educational Services International in China.
B.S. Accounting, Messiah College, Magna cum laude
M.S. Taxation, Villanova University
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
- Water Street Mission, Finance Committee Board Member
- 2011 Recipient of the Central Penn Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 Award
- Lancaster Evangelical Free Church, Member of Elder Board and Treasurer
- Elizabethtown College, member, Accounting Advisory Board and former adjunct instructor of taxation and accounting
- Business2Business Magazine, Contributing Columnist
- Warwick School District Finance and Legal Committee, Past Member
- Recipient of “Top 10” CPA exam score, Pennsylvania
- 2011 Recipient of Central Penn Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 Award
Eric and his wife, Kristin, reside in Lititz and have three children, Joshua, Alexa and Nathan. He enjoys spending time with his family, experiencing unique cultures through travel and running.
How the Highway Funding Bill Affects Your Taxes
Balance is Key to Career Satisfaction for Millenials, Pennsylvania CPA Journal, Spring 2015
Do You Want Your Business Buried With You? Business2Business, June 2012