With its June 2018 South Dakota v. Wayfair ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court transformed the sales and use tax landscape. Since then, RKL’s state and local tax (SALT) experts have been helping businesses adapt to the new requirements for sales and use tax reporting and manage their cross-border obligations.
RKL SALT Practice Leader Jason Skrinak and Tax Partner Mike Eby recently presented a webinar on South Dakota v. Wayfair to help companies understand its impact and take the necessary steps to minimize their tax burden. In the recording below, Jason and Mike discuss:
- The concept of nexus and its relation to state and local taxation
- A summary of the South Dakota v. Wayfair court case
- How states are applying Wayfair
- Issues regarding the application of Wayfair
- The impact of South Dakota v. Wayfair beyond sales and use tax
Contact Jason Skrinak or Mike Eby for more information or to find out how RKL can help your company understand and handle issues stemming from Wayfair.